Choose your language



Jul 7, 2020
Category: General
Posted by: cafelogin

Bekijk onze evenementen van 2020 en schrijf snel in want de plaatsen zijn beperkt!


From shop to cafe

Originally stood opposite the Trappist monastery a grocery store, which was partially converted to café in 1923. The store was rented from the Trappists. The monks were charged with a limited sum of money, 2 carts manure and one bottle of Gin.

Until 1971, visitors could enjoy the Abbey Guest House above the café. In 1973, while the preparations for the 50th anniversary of the café were underway, a fire destroyed the upper floor and the housing.

In 2008 there is a completely new ecological café built. This just behind the former building that just before the opening of the new is broken off.

The contemporary café offers large terraces, a children's playground, banquet and meeting rooms and all this at a modern but austere appearance. A place where everybody is welcome.

The operation of the café is done by Johan Willekens and his wife Nancy Smet